Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A look back at the first mixtape

http://www.datpiff.com/Brick_Set_New_Jerz_BC_2tone_Just_Practice_Starti.m121411.html

Sometimes I am proud of it. Sometimes I feel like it could of been better. I shouldn't sweat it though because I guess it is just motivation and a part of being an artist. The most disappointing part of some songs for me are the overdubbing issues that I ignored when first recording it. I guess we learn from experience. Hey, it was "just practice" anyways.

Mixtape is still good for being an amateur tape without much help getting done.
I give it a 7 out of 10. Showed a great amount of potential. Concepts for songs were cool. 1 or 2 tracks had technical downfalls but not enough to make it take away from the good of it.

If I were a listener that did not know me at all I would look forward to hearing what more can I offer and if I can polish up some stuff and develop as an artist. Therefore I have to do it right for the next tape "The Adventures of Tarzan". This is the reason I have held it back for so long. Gotta make it great.

Overall, I am still proud of my creativity and dedication to this music thing.
Now let's keep at it.

Oh and Cloud Surfing puts me in a different world. My favorite track on the tape..Didn't even record it in a studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers