So here are some themes to my tracks in Light in August:
1. The coming of age: I rap about my family and how things changed. I mix it from first person telling to 3rd person. I also talk about how I have been changing.
2. Relationships: The good, the bad, the ugly, the beautiful, the great.
3. Addictions: Alcoholism affected my family. I rap about how it has affected me and how it has changed over time.
4. Being a rapper: Still down to earth.
5. School: My feelings towards it and what I have experienced.
6. The hood: Always in me. I share my perspective.